Monday, October 5, 2009

i am sam...

This is me...Samantha Dawn Ellis Blackston.

I was born a Virgo (not that I know or really care what all that means) on September 3rd in good ol' Easley, SC. My entrance into this world coupled with the first 6 months of my life was not an easy time for my Momma and actually led my Daddy to tell her that I was "it!" No other children would follow...Thankfully, I have not reaped what I sowed in those first 6 months and my parents went on to have 2 more children. We are hands-down the most wonderful 3 children ever brought into the world, aside from my own 2 beautiful bundles of joy wrapped up in the form of little men. I suppose I should also include my husband as one of those wonderful children, although I am not sure his parents would agree:)

I love to read and I love to write. I love all things creative and I want to leave behind stories and memories for my children to share with their children and their children's children. I want my boys to know their Mommy in such a way that there will never be any doubt about the blood that is flowing in their veins, where they came from or what hopes and dreams I have for them. Most importantly, however, I want them to FEEL the love I have for them not only today, but forever... when I can't touch them or whisper in their ears all that my heart holds...

My intentions are always grand. Unfortunately, my follow-through could use some work at times. A wonderful friend, who also happens to be my boss, suggested I start a blog in an effort to do all that I have shared above. I have to thank Mrs. Lynn Toney for this recommendation and ask her to hold me accountable to keep up with it!

While I love my children more than I could ever dream and with more love than my heart can hold, I am more than Caleb's and Cutler's Mommy. I want to share with you (and them) exactly who I am...Sam!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I never knew that you were such an amazing writer! Sam, you truly are ah-mazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam...I am...so proud of you for starting a blog. The pressure is on... now I have to keep mine up to date! ha!!! Love the background so you...adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete